- Early detection of health issues: Urine test strips can help identify potential urinary tract infections, kidney problems, or other health concerns before they become more serious, allowing for timely intervention and treatment.
- Non-invasive and stress-free: Urine test strips provide a non-invasive method for monitoring your pet's health, eliminating the need for uncomfortable or stressful procedures, such as blood draws or invasive diagnostics.
- Cost-effective: Compared to more expensive laboratory tests or veterinary visits, urine test strips offer a cost-effective way to regularly monitor your pet's urinary health and detect potential issues.
- Easy and convenient to use: Urine test strips can be easily used at home, making it convenient for pet owners to check their pet's urinary health without frequent trips to the vet. The results are typically available within minutes, providing quick insights into your pet's well-being.
For over 20 years we've worked with medical professionals & charities to get you the support you need. Our award-winning customer service is available on +33 (0) 1 75 49 72 68 or by email.
Dip the urine test strip into a urine sample for 2 seconds. Tap on the side of the container to remove excess. Wait for results to appear. See Detailed Instructions below for exact timings.
See our top tips for collecting a urine sample from a dog.
Mix and match products across the whole SC Nutra range. (Discount will automatically show in your bag).
Spend over €60 - Save 8%
Spend over €120 - Save 15%
Spend over €240 - Save 18%
Spend over €480 - Save 20%
- Quantity: 50 Strips
- Format: Urine testing strips with 5 regents
- Gender: Unisex
- Suitable For: Cats, Dogs, Household pets.
- Letter Box Friendly: No
- Expiry Date: Approximately 1 - 2 Years - Buying direct from SC Nutra ensures you receive our most recently manufactured batch
- ID: P80507
- GTIN: 5060086380507
- Recycling Information: Fully Recyclable: Bottle, Box, Leaflet & Instructions. Not Recyclable: Used/Unused Urine Test Strips
- Total weight including packaging: 78g
- Dimensions: 56 x 56 x 134mm
- Category: Urinalysis
- SC Nutra is a Sweet Cures Brand
Urine Test Principles And Limitation
The test reveals the presence of granulocyte esterases. These esterases cleave an indoxyl ester, and the indoxyl so liberated reacts with a diazonium salt to produce a violet dye.
Leukocyte esterase results may be positive in the absence of observable cells if the leukocytes have lysed. Positive results may occasionally occur with random specimens from females due to contamination of the urine specimen by vaginal discharge. Elevated glucose concentrations (55-110 mmol/L) or high specific gravity may cause decreased test results. The presence of some medications may cause decreased reactivity, and high levels of the drug may cause a false-negative reaction. The test area does not react with lymphocytes.
Based on the principle of Griess’s test and is specific to nitrites. Any degree of uniform pink colour development indicates positive results.
Positive results of the nitrites test suggest the presence of 105 (100,000) or more organisms per mL of urine, but colour development is not proportional to the number of bacteria present. A negative result does not in itself prove that there is no significant bacteriuria. Negative results may occur when urinary tract infections occur due to organisms that do not contain reductase to convert nitrate to nitrite. When urine has not been retained in the bladder long enough (4-8hrs) for reduction of nitrate to occur; or when dietary nitrate is absent, even if organisms containing reductase are present and bladder incubation is ample. Ascorbic acid concentrations of 2.8mmol/L or higher may cause false negative results with specimens containing nitrite ion concentrations of 35μmol/L or less.
Based on the principle of the protein error of a pH indicator.
The reagent area is sensitive to albumin. An elevated pH (up to 9) may affect the test. If the residue of disinfectant containing quaternary ammonium groups or chlorhexidine is present in the urine collection container, this may lead to a false positive result.
This test contains a mixed indicator which assures a marked change in colour between pH5 and pH8.5. It may be necessary to repeat this many times with a space of 3 hours between tests to determine the prevailing pH. High or low pH or wild swings in pH may indicate the presence of bacteriuria.
Haemoglobin and myoglobin catalyse the oxidation of the indicator by means of organic hydroperoxide contained in the test paper. This test is highly sensitive to haemoglobin and thus complements microscopic examination. The sensitivity of a test diminishes in urine with high specific gravity. The test is equally sensitive to myoglobin as to haemoglobin (Haemoglobin concentration of 150-620 μg/L is approximately equivalent to 5-15 intact red occult blood cells per microlitre). Blood is likely to found in the urine of menstruating females. Oxidizing contaminants, such as hypochlorite, may produce false positive results. Microbial peroxidase associated with urinary tract infection may cause a false positive reaction. Ascorbic acid concentrations of 2.0mmol/L or greater may cause false negatives at the trace levels.
Sensitivity And Range
Sensitivity is dependent upon the presence or absence of interfering specimens.
|b15-40 cells/µL granulocyte
|0.5 pH unit
Based on the dry weight content of each reagent in 100 pieces:
- Leukocytes: indoxyl ester 1.4mg, diazonium salt 0.7mg;
- Nitrite: sulfanilamide 0.65mg, N-(naphthyl)-ethylenediammonium dihydrochloride 0.45mg;
- Protein: tetrabromphenol blue 0.36mg;
- pH: methyl red 0.06mg, bromthymol blue 1.3mg;
- Blood: cumene hydroperoxide 35.2mg, 3,3',5,5' -Tetramethylbenzidine 15.0mg.
- HANDLING: Use a clean container to collect urine. False-positive readings for Blood can result from residues of strongly oxidising disinfectants in the specimen collection container. Do not add preservatives to the urine to be tested.
- OPERATION: Avoid shaking the urine test strip in a specimen container to prevent incorrect results. Dip for approx. Two seconds. If the dipping time is too short or too long, the results may be unpredictable.
- SPECIMEN COLLECTION AND PREPARATION: Collect urine in a clean container and test as soon as possible. Do not centrifuge. Avoid the use of urine preservatives. If testing cannot be performed within one hour after voiding, refrigerate the specimen immediately. Allow refrigerated specimen to return to room temperature before testing.
- Remove one piece from the tub at a time and replace cap tightly.
- Immerse reagent areas of the urine test strip in fresh, well-mixed urine. Remove the urine test strip immediately to avoid the dissolving out of reagent areas.
- While removing, tap against the rim of the urine container to remove excess urine. Blot the urine test strip on a long edge, on absorbent paper. Avoid running over (contamination from adjacent reagent pads).
- Compare each reagent area to its corresponding colour blocks, shown on the colour chart and read at times specified. Proper read-time is critical for optimal results.
- Obtain results by direct colour chart comparison.
NOTE: Read reagent results between 1-2 minutes for differentiating a positive sample from a negative sample. Changes in colour after 2 minutes are of no diagnostic value.
Quality Control (Laboratory Use)
For best results, confirm the performance of the reagents by comparing with known negative and positive specimens or controls. This procedure is recommended after use of every 25 urine test strips and for each change in urine test strip containers and lot. User/labs should establish their own goals for performance standards.
Obtain results by direct comparison of the colour chart printed on the container label. The colour chart represents nominal values. Actual values will vary around the nominal values.
Improper storage may cause inadequate performance of urine test strips. Return to room temperature before use. Do not use deteriorated, discoloured or blackened test strips. Avoid contamination by volatile chemicals.
Storage and Stability
Store at temperatures between 2 C to 30 C avoiding humidity, direct sunlight, or heat. Store only in the original tub. Do not remove desiccants. Do not remove a urine test strip from the tub until immediately before its use. Replace cap quickly and tightly. After opening use any remaining urine test strips within three months. Do not use after the expiry date printed on the label.
Sweet Cures is one of the world's leading natural health supplement producers and retailers, supplying customers with a range of only the purest products with no unwanted excipients, binders or fillers. The Sweet Cures' brand stands for the highest quality and that shows in everything we do, from award winning products and biodegradable packaging to our dedicated customer service team.
With over 19 years experience in this specialist field, Sweet Cures leads the way in the supply and distribution of rare sugars.
Our customer service team is waiting to take your call. If you have a product query, don't hesitate to contact 01 75 49 72 68 or +33(0) 1 75 49 72 68 Internationally. You can call or email our team at any time, no purchase is necessary.
Deliveries to France and Other European Member States
All orders are sent direct from our french company Sweet Cures, Quai Marcel Dassualt, Saint Cloud, 92210 France.
Ordering from Sweet Cures SAS
Our new French company allows for quicker delivery times and means there are no additional duties or taxes to pay on delivery.
All orders received before 6pm (CET) are sent the same working day. Delivery times vary depending on the location you are ordering from, for example;
Free Delivery for all deliveries in France
France: (La Poste): 1-4 Working Days - Free for all orders.
NEW Express Delivery Option (1-3 Days) / Free International Delivery for all orders over €120
Ireland, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands & Denmark: (Express using DHL Worldwide Express): 1-3 Working Days - Free for orders over €120 or €9.99.
Other European Member States* (Express using DHL Express DHL Worldwide Express): 1-3 Working Days - Free for orders over €120 or €19.99.
*Other EU Member states supported by this site: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden.
For other locations please visit International store.
Delivery estimates above may vary. Please allow additional time around public holidays, Black Friday, Christmas & New Year.
Returns - European Member States
Please contact the team on 01904 789559 or email@example.com with Your Name, Address, Phone Number / Email Address and reason for return. Once your return has been accepted please send to Sweet Cures, Quai Marcel Dassualt, Saint Cloud, 92210 France.
Orders outside Europe
This website serves the Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain & Sweden. To change your location, please click the flag above or from the dropdown menu on mobile.